Monday, May 28, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Week 2012

This year our Teacher Appreciation Week theme was Hollywood!  The decorations for this were plain and simple.  I made some of the paper decorations, but can not take credit for the wonderful idea.  Each year we take a room the school has generously given up for a week and transform it.  Each day has a theme.   Once school is out I will try to find all my notes on this.  Monday was "Breakfast at Tiffany's".  We had the movie playing on the wall, and teachers were awesome about dressing up.  We served breakfast, donated by area businesses and wonderful parents.  Tuesday was "Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory".  We served a candy bar along with tortilla roll ups.  Wednesday for "Footloose" Staff dressed in sassy shoes and jeans.   We served smoothies and sandwiches.  Thursday was "Goonies".  We all dressed up as pirates.  In the spirit of a movie theater we served hot dogs.  Friday was "Grease".  Everyone dressed up in poodle skirts and ate a "mexican lunch" completely donated by area businesses.



















4 comments:

  1. Where did you get your movie posters from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made my own posters. I printed them on 11 X 17 paper! My student council kids did the rest of the work. They are not going to be sold and I will be sure they are thrown away after the week is up...don't want copyright to be a problem.

      Delete
    2. Awesome idea. Done Hollywood 4 times now, including for an after prom just pick the movies we want for each day. Although if going for free, check with movie theaters before they throw their posters out.

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry I didn't see a comment tell now. Call your local theaters. They throw out all their old ones usually on Thursday. For other events one of the ladies went back and forth for weeks.
    For this event, It was old movies, so they were purchased.

    ReplyDelete