Saturday, July 19, 2014

Happy Birthday Banner

All though for personal use I don't have the Craft Paper from the school, Walmart sells a shorter roll of White for $10.  Think it is called Banner Paper.  Think in the last 5 years, I have only bought 3 rolls, and even used some for the school if I needed it.  The rolls for Personal stuff last me forever.

A few bottles of $0.50 Acrilyic paint and some clip art, and good to go.

Here are a few from over the years.  Terrible about not getting pictures.
I did these a like since my daughter and nephew have a birthday close together.  It really isn't that bad, Take it one step at a time.  Take Banner Paper from Walmart, tape the back together with lengths you want of 2 sheets.  Flip over and paint your base coat, let it dry.  Then paint your under coat, the White for me, let it dry.  Then finally do the Top Coat the Black. 
Something I have always done from start to finish is take pictures.  When painting the 2 layer of paint, once finish take a picture.  When you are up close it is hard to see what needs to be fixed.  (Personally I think it looks terrible until I snap a shot)
On this one, I talked to her family and asked for "one word" things to describe her.  I found clip art and copy pasted and typed everything into Word to Print.  The earlier things I did I did this alot scared to paint everything.  Now I would rather paint everything on.  The Cake was done with chalk.  The Purple was Construction paper.  The Happy Birthday I did on Word, got it to the size I wanted then printed it.  I am a sucker for School supply sales so I used Elmers glue sticks to put everything down.

Again one of the earlier things I did.  The jersey's and logos were done on cardboard.  Banner paper for the field and markers.  The Happy Birthday was on Contruction Paper.  Did actually paint all the clip art on.  Put together with double stick tape and glue sticks.



All the circles I did on Contruction Paper and made tie die look with chalk.  Letters were drawn out on Banner paper and painted and used chalk for the effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment